Founder member of Q Chambers, mediator, arbitrator, expert determiner and legal consultant
Julian became a CEDR Accredited mediator in 1997 and has been involved in media-tions including commercial contracts, intellectual property and media, banking dis-putes, employment, professional negligence, partnership disputes, property disputes, public sector disputes such as a dispute at the Houses of Parliament. Julian has a broad practice covering a wide range of commercial sectors. Value of claims have ranged from relatively modest to multi million pounds disputes. Julian was an early member of the Court of Appeal Panel of Mediators.
Ability to win the confidence of the parties and not to make them feel as if being pushed to a settlement albeit keeping momentum to the mediation process. However, Julian will challenge the parties and encourage them to think about possible routes to settle-ment. He is patient, grasps new and complex issues and is empathetic to the non-legal and commercial factors that may be driving a dispute and that need to be addressed as part of a successful outcome from a mediation
Some commercial disputes have many shades of grey to the issues and it is not about right and wrong but what is fair and right in the circumstances and how can the parties work better in the future if they already have a long-standing business relationship
Characteristics you will see from Julian during the preparation and the mediation itself include approachability, non-judgmental, patience, good listening skills, strong com-munication skills written and spoken, good humour, thinking out of the box, strong commercial awareness, and an eye for detail.
Julian has a strong knowledge of the law which can assist the parties in reaching a settlement satisfactory.
He encourages the parties to think out of the box and seize the opportunity not harbour an ongoing dispute
- Mediator, Arbitrator and Expert Determiner
- Legal Consultant
- Notary Public
Julian is a qualified solicitor with considerable co experience in civil litigation includ-ing commercial disputes, as well as an advisory commercial lawyer which has included undertaking in house legal advisory posts. His work and experience are broad including contracts, commercial matters, intellectual property, media law, renewable energy, professional negligence, banking disputes, employment, trusts and fiduciary issues.
Amongst his qualifications is an M.Phil in tort and economic loss which provides in-valuable help when mediating or determining disputes concerning consequential loss claims.
Mediator, Arbitrator and Expert Determiner
He is a qualified CEDR accredited mediator and also a Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators specialising in international arbitration. These roles are administered through Q Chambers.
Commercial Legal Consultant
Julian has developed his commercial legal consultancy administered through Q Chambers
Julian is a qualified and practising Notary Public. Contact Julian direct on firstname.lastname@example.org
Julian retains is solicitor’s practicing certificate and is consultant solicitor to Wordley Partners. If you wish to him instruct him as a solicitor then contact Julian direct on Julian.Wilkins@wordleylaw.com
As a mediator, arbitrator, expert determiner, legal consultant and notary public he is an independent practitioner separate from Wordley Partners.
Lecturing and Training
-Guest Lecturer University of Reading – LLM Commercial Law including intellectual property law in the context of different industry sectors such as AI, Blockchain, auto-motive; Fintech, media and fashion, and the World Trade Organisation. His lecturing encompasses the use of ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) in the commercial environment.
- Guest Lecturer University of Reading – LLM Commercial Law including intellectual property law in the context of different industry sectors such as AI, Blockchain, auto-motive; Fintech, media and fashion, and the World Trade Organisation. His lecturing encompasses the use of ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) in the commercial en-vironment.
- Member of University of Law panel of visiting lecturers.
- Final year lecturer University of Sussex – Commercial Law.
- Contributor and speaker to both CENEX and Automotive EV on legal and policy is-sues relevant to self-driving vehicles and electric vehicles.
- Central Law Training on Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR).
- Lectured for the Notaries Society on use of ADR.
- Contributor to the EU Audio Visual Observatory.
- Guest lecturer Cologne Film School.
- Speaker and legal panel advisor London Screenwriters’ Festival.
- Speaker at Finland’s Media and Message Conference – TV format rights.
- Chaired Westminster Media Forum’s.
- Editor of ITN (Independent Television News) 1955 Club Newsletter
- Law Society.
- CEDR (Centre for Dispute Resolution).
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
- Notaries Society.
- Automotive EV.
- The Royal Television Society.
- Windsor Leadership Trust.
This is an overview of Julian’s background but as you will appreciate is not exhaustive. If there is some aspect about Julian’s career and experience or there is an area you would like more detailed information please contact Caroline Prior at 020 8940 9988 or email email@example.com.
Also, please contact Caroline Prior to discuss Julian’s availability and fees